You want to get the job done from your beach house in California? That’s great. Just bring your A-game (and your laptop), every day. Having your butt in a seat for eight hours each day is not a part of the job description at Sisu (nor will it ever be), it is about outcomes that we each achieve and value we add for our team, customers, partners and affiliates. You won’t be micromanaged. You will be held accountable by your results.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness of Sisu enhancements and working closely with our frontend development team as we transition to Angular.
- Work closely with the Sisu platform and Product Owners on reviewing and contributing to specification documents (using Atlassian Confluence)
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant functionality
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions, including relational database and key-value stores
- Write coordinated tests for software changes
- Work closely with Sisu Customer Success team members when required for identified platform and bugs and issues.
Skills And Qualifications
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Fluent in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework -- ideally Flask or Django
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages. Ideally having experience with Jinja 2
- Understanding of accessibility and security complianceKnowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environmentsUnderstanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skillsProficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Four year University/College degree in Computer Science (or similar) or commensurate industry experience